Saturday, April 16, 2011

Chocolate Banana Pie With Ginger Cookie Crust



This is seriously the easiest pie ever and it is to die for! This recipe is my own and because there are only two of us living in my home it makes a small sized pie. It's perfect for an after dinner desert for four!

Ingredients:
1 packet chocolate pudding/pie filling
1 2/3 cup of milk 
1 banana
15 ginger cookies
1/4 cup unsalted butter


Directions:


Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (It's about 250 C in my oven)
Crush 12 ginger cookies (just over 1 cup) very fine (I use the ginger nut biscuits I found at IGA which actually work perfectly)
Add 1/4 cup cold cubed butter
Press into pie dish or bread pan (I don't have either so I made my own)
Cook for 7 minutes
Cool crust in freezer until completely cold


Mix pudding/pie filling with 1 2/3 cup of milk (I'm lactose intolerant so I use chocolate soy milk which I think works better since we looovee chocolate! also I watch the consistency of the pudding and find that I don't need to use all the milk that the pudding calls for because you want it to be pretty thick)
Place pudding in freezer to cool once you have a smooth creamy mixture


Slice banana 
Layer banana on pie crust (make sure your crust is cold before)
Pour in chilled pudding/pie filling 


Place back in freezer for 20-25 minutes


Before serving crumble 3 leftover cookies on top! (also great with vanilla ice cream or whip topping!)

No comments:

Post a Comment