Saturday, October 22, 2011

Chilled Avocado Soup - Caribbean Kitchen Challenge

Hi everyone! I decided to get involved in this challenge last minute, I don't have a blog so here is my simple contribution...I didn't take any pictures etc., maybe next time.



Most of the ingredients in this quick and easy recipe are found on the island, here are the few substitutions I had to make:


Serrano chili- I used a jalapeno, which is not as hot as the serrano, so adjust according to your spice factor!
Lemon - for lime (haven't seen a lemon on the island)
Cilantro - scratch that unless I just don't know where to get it...
Mexican sour cream - IGA sour cream :)

Avocados - The recipe calls for four, but they are most likely referring to Hass Avocados which tend to be much smaller than our island Fuerte variety, I scaled down to 3.


Also, for those of you without blenders, I'm sure the recipe would still work if hand mixed (maybe just a bit of a chunkier soup). Enjoy!





-Naveen

No comments:

Post a Comment